The California Mid-State Fair hosts many competitions for a wide variety of events! Browse the list below to learn more about the competitive events you can experience!
Check out out a wide range of Ag Exhibits all on display in the Ag/Hort Pavilion.
Arts & Crafts
Check out the decorative design and handicraft items on display in the Frontier Pavilion!
Check out the local art ranging from drawings to paintings on display in the Ponderosa Pavilion.
Check out award-winning flowers in the Floriculture Building and don’t miss the days when fresh flowers get displayed: July 20, July 23 and July 26.
Check out the still images captured from a range of photographers, from amateurs to professionals, all on display in the Ponderosa Pavilion.
The produce exhibit features produce from local farms and ranches at the Ponderosa Pavilion!
Central Coast Wine Competition
The competition features over 600 types of wines from more than 150 wineries, all in competition for the prestigious “Best Of” title at Estrella Hall. All Gold Medal winning wines will be showcased at six fairs.
Central Coast Olive Oil Competition
The Olive Oil Competition featured extra virgin, flavored extra virgin, organic extra virgin and flavored organic extra virgin olive oil, and were separated into classes by varietal. Olive Oil demonstrations are held daily at 4 pm at the Demonstration Kitchen in Estrella Hall.
Central Coast Craft Spirits Competition
The purpose of this judging is to help promote the craft distillers that are producing the finest quality artisan spirits in California and to give participating distillers valuable feedback on the quality and process of their spirits. Estrella Hall
Tractor Restoration Display – North East Corner
Once again this year, JB Dewar and Chevron Delo® are pleased to reward young students who have restored an antique tractor by providing them with a platform to share their workmanship, along with the distribution of scholarships.
See the restored tractors in the Jr. Livestock Area, near the Beef Barn.
2017 Horse Show Schedule
Hearst Equestrian Center
- TUE – Jul 18, 8 am, Cutting Horse Shows
- WED – Jul 19, 8 am, Cutting Horse Shows
- THU – Jul 20, 8:15 am, Cow Dog Trials
- THU – Jul 20, 1 pm, Ranch Horse Class
- FRI – Jul 21, 8:30 am, 4-H & FFA Horse Show
- SAT – Jul 22, 10 am, Sheep Dog Trials
- SUN – Jul 23, 10 am, Draft Horse Show
- MON – Jul 24, 8 am, Snaffle Bit Show
- TUE – Jul 25, 8 am, Stock Horse Show
- TUE – Jul 25, 1 pm, Barrel Race Country Rodeo
- WED – Jul 26, 8 am, RSNC Sorting
- THU – Jul 27, 8 am, Team Roping Country Rodeo
- FRI – Jul 28, 8 am, Wrangler Junior Country Rodeo
- SAT – Jul 29, 8 am, Country Rodeo
- SUN – Jul 30, 9 am, Country Rodeo